The Red Aces (aka the Lane United Supporters Trust) were founded in 2013 as the non-profit membership organization for the club. There were ~150 charter members who each contributed $40, and “founding” members who contributed more, to purchase an ownership share of LUFC. We still retain that small bit of club ownership today!
In prior years, the Red Aces staffed the beer tent at the LUFC home matches and we were able to make significant financial contributions to the club. These contributions helped to pay for English lessons for our original Spanish players, expenses for player USL tryouts, and badly needed equipment.
Many of our members were involved in the efforts to save Civic Stadium. The Red Aces have:
- Marched and chanted through the streets of Eugene in support of Civic Park.
- Worked with the original Friends of Civic Stadium to raise community awareness on the future of the property.
- Attended City of Eugene and 4J meetings when decisions about the property were still being made and Board members were present at City Hall when the purchase by the Eugene Civic Alliance was publicly announced.
- Hosted the beer garden at the official Civic Park kickoff event in October 2014 and donated over $400 to the ECA.
- Painted the retaining wall at Civic at the request of the Eugene Civic Alliance.
- Sold limited edition scarves in 2015/16 and donated another $600 to the ECA.