- Red Aces over Ballard highlights
- LUFC Home Opener Fri May 27th vs Salem
- Civic Park rules and Match Day protocols
- LUFC away vs OVF (Albany), Sunday May 30 2pm
- Red Aces COVID 2021 T-shirts available
LUFC season opens with a tough 5-1 loss at the new club Ballard FC
“We’re better than what we showed and we know that. We gifted them opportunities and – fair play to them – they capitalized. We just kept on shooting ourselves in the foot; goals change games. Down 2-0 at the half and we were up against it for 90 minutes, so it was tough.”Head Coach John Galas
The Red Aces packed up the RAV4 and headed north to watch the 2022 LUFC Season Opener. And while the football from our Reds was a bit ragged, we did our best (the 4 of us) to let our lads know they are loved and supported. We up against an incredible crowd of 1,200 and charged up Ballard players…..and we just couldn’t overcome our own mistakes. We met a lot of great people there and they are a welcome addition to the league. We do have the chance to hit them back on Friday June 17th at home, so come root with us at every home match!
2022 Home Opener: Friday May 27, 7pm
All of us are eager to get back to the park to support our boys and root like we do on the ground! First things first….time to go out and get those season tickets! Check the club website here:
The 2022 Home Opener is against Capital FC (Salem), who finally gave up the whole Timbers U23 myth after a few years and rebranded as their original club name. Good for them! Own your local club, ya bums! 🧐
They won our 4 team league last year and always have a decent squad. Come on out to Civic Park and help the Red Aces get our singing voices back and share some fun and beers with us. AND SING UNTIL THE END FOR THE REDS!!!
For those of you with time before the match, we will be setting up tifo at the park around 4pm and then retiring to the Pint Pot for our usual match pre-function around 5pm.
Civic Park rules and Match Day protocols: THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- Civic Park is a privately owned property, and there are no tailgating activities, picnics, or alcohol consumption allowed on Civic Park grounds. There are plenty of bars and restaurants around the area that would love your pre and post game business, and there are food and alcohol vendors inside the gates!
- The Red Aces Zone is in the SW corner of the park. This is an area for all fans of the Reds that like it on the loud side! There are no seats on the West side, so bring a blanket to sit or be prepared to stand. Check out this info on our Red Aces Zone: https://red-aces.org/match-day/
- Red Wind from the West is ON! Moar snoke after goals!! The Red Aces have permission from Civic Park to set off smoke displays. The ECA has a ban on all other fireworks in the park.
- And most importantly, the Red Aces want our zone to be rowdy and spirited, but also a place where all Reds fans feel happy and welcome. You are welcome to join us and support the team in your way, but always be mindful of others in the crowd and strive to be a good citizen (loosely translated: if you are being a dick or a bully or a misogynist or scream profanities at refs or others…..we will check you….and if you persist, we will get you tossed or banned. Full Stop.) Check out our https://red-aces.org/match-day/rules-of-conduct/ for more details.
LUFC @ OVF, South Albany High School, Sunday May 30th 2pm
Of course the Red Aces are hitting the road to support the Reds as they take on the squad from OVF Albany on Sunday. This squad is an academy squad and they are well organized. Word has it their center backs are pretty damned good, and they took out our foes PDXFC 3-1 on their opening night. The Reds will have bring their A Game to this one…..and the Red Aces too!
Look for tickets here and get a hold of us if you want to carpool and prefunk!!
Support the Red Aces with our signature 2021 season T-shirt….$25 requested donation
Hey everyone! We haven’t had a fundraiser in over 3 years, and we need to replenish the bank account after buying some new flags and tifo supplies in the offseason. Suggested donation: $25. Here are the colors/sizes we have left:
- Black XL (1)
- Black M (1)
- Red 2XL (1)
- Red XL (1)
- Red L (2)
Get a hold of us at the matches or reach out through our various media outlets if you want one. The Red Aces thank you for your support!
That’s all for now, folks! Remember to check the LUFC schedule and make all the matches you can in 2022. We want to see you and root with you. Cheers all!
Thanks everyone for your interest in Lane United Football Club and stay tuned for more updates!